Friday, September 13, 2013

Revolution

Warning; I have not actually finished watching this. I am still in season one that was just recently added to Netflix, but who's to say I can review something I am currently watching? I still have opinions right? RIGHT!?

Okay, haha, let's get started.

First of all, I have to say, Billy Burke!? Yes please! As some of you might know from looking at my book list I am indeed one of those people who liked Twilight and I first saw Billy Burke, at least I think it was the first real time I saw him, as Police Chief Charlie Swan of Washington. I loved him as a concerned father and now as a bad ass, co-establisher, ex-general of the Monroe Republic? Not to mention, boy can the guy swing a sword or what?

Okay, okay back to Revolution.

The main idea of this story; at least in season one, is that for some reason all of the power in the WORLD has been shut off simultaneously. The show takes place fifteen years later with flashbacks of certain times before or after the blackout to describe the stories of several main characters. Little by little everything is pieced together into one full picture, but the picture is never complete. 'Cause you see, there is always something that just comes up that makes you think, "wait.. what?". I love that in a show. Just when I think I have everything pieced together I am stuck thinking 'now how the hell did that fit in there?". The main cast in season one begins with Charlie, a young woman who had to watch her mother walk off and never come back that is raised with her father and younger brother in a community on the Monroe Republic. Her father is actually the brother to Miles, the co-founder of the Monroe Republic gone AWOL. Now, the general is Miles best friend Sebastian "Bass" Monroe. And man does this guy need a hug.

Reguardless, Monroe sends people to retrieve Charlie's father because he knows how to turn the lights back on supposedly. But in a battle that occurs whole Charlie isn't around, her father gets shot and her brother is taken hostage instead. Charlie is told to find Miles who can help get her brother, Danny, back. He also gives a pendant to a man named Aaron who is like.. the creator of Google, or something. Turns out, the pendants can actually turn on some power. Weird right? Well, throughout the first season things are explain as to why the power shut off, how these pendants work, that Monroe isn't the only bad guy out there, or the only land owner and more.

I love the cast of this show too. Some of the cast members include Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons and Elizabeth Mitchell.

The story line is pretty good, I think, and shows what life might be like without electricity. Overgrown places, different parts of America dealing with it differently, governments starting and others trying to get America back to the way it was.

I do however wonder- what do the rich and famous do when the power goes out? It's probably only me who thinks that, but really! Trace Adkins, Johnny Depp, Claire Danes-- what do these people DO!?

Anyway, I recommend the show and I haven't even finished the first season yet. So far, there are only two seasons out, so I haven't missed to much yet and I look forward to seeing the end of the story. Not because I want it to end so soon, but because I very much want to see the finished puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment